Thursday, December 04, 2008

Shetland II

I finally finished my Shetland Triangle. Why I thought it needed to be so big is unclear. It's lovely, and I'm happy to have it, but will I wear it?

Having gone to all the trouble to make it truly shawl sized, instead of scarf sized, of course I like it best worn as a scarf.

Shetland Triangle II
Pattern: Shetland Triangle by Evelyn A. Clark, from Wrap Style
Yarn: Zephyr Wool/Silk Yarn used double throughout.
Needles: US Size 4, KnitPicks Options
Finished Size: Big. Something like 80" across and 40" from center top edge to bottom of point.
Modifications: Needles and yarn, and I worked extra repeats. I forget what the pattern originally calls for, but I worked 19. I also omitted the last two rows of the pattern (this is how Jared did it, way back when) to make the edge less pointy.

11 comments:

AfternoonMoon said...

That is just stunningly gorgeous!
Oh, I would wear it everywhere, just on principle.

nimbleknitter said...

Oh, it's beautiful. It's going to be so warm around your neck this winter. I were a shawl or scarf to work everyday. I've gotten to where I really like something around my neck. You did a great job. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Love it as a scarf. If it were smaller it wouldn't be the same, it really looks fabulous on you like that. (of course if you wear it as a large shawl you could smuggle fruitcakes under it).

Anonymous said...

Truly lovely and looks beautiful on you!

Anonymous said...

Love the new photo and the shawl is great. Nice to see you back posting again. Hope all is well down south!

We have had raging winds for 4 days! No ski practice when the winds are blowing +25mph. Lots of knitting.

Nancy

kt said...

Yay! Happy to read you again! The shcawl (combinatinon scarf/shawl) is gorgeous. I'm with nimbleknitter, now that I'm further north, I love wearing neckwarmers of all varieties!

Happy weekend and Hoorah again for your posts!

Hilary said...

It *is* gorgeous, and I agree with gale - it looks GREAT as a scarf and it wouldn't look the same smaller. It looks and looks like it feels wonderful.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful - I really like it worn as a scarf.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love it as a scarf...

Anonymous said...

perchphiLovely and soft!

textilejunkie said...

But now it's a lovely and substantial shawl/scarf! It is beautiful!